Monday, March 31, 2014

God is Nigh

"Seek ye the Lord while He may be found"
Isaiah 55:6

We watched the Dodger game on TV this evening.  That might not seem remarkable, but all of a sudden, this season, watching them on television is going to be the exception, not the rule.

There used to be a TV station in Southern California that showed every game.  Except for the odd game on ESPN.

But sometime in the off-season, the Dodgers acquired their own TV station, and now that's the only way to see games.  Except for the odd game on ESPN.

And unfortunately, our cable company does not offer the Dodgers new station.  So watching them is not even an option for us.  Except for the odd game on ESPN. 

Tonight was one of the games broadcast on ESPN, and I was soaking up every minute of the game, knowing I'm not going to be seeing very many of them this season.  And I thought of how important it is to enjoy things, because we can never be sure we'll always have them to enjoy.  As a matter of fact, there is nothing that we will always have to enjoy.

It was a bit of a warning to me; a reminder of Isaiah 55:6, "Seek ye the Lord while He may be found.  Call upon Him while He is near."

Proverbs 1:24 says "I have called and you refused, I have stretched out my hand and no one regarded," and in verse 28, "Then they will call on me, but I will not answer; they will seek me diligently, but they will not find me."

He is nearby.  Call on Him.  Enjoy what you have while you have it.


~ "Behold, I stand at the door and knock.
If anyone hears My voice
and opens the door,
I will come in to him and dine with him,
and he with Me." ~
Revelation 3:20
~

No comments:

Post a Comment