Saturday, March 5, 2011

Reasons to Praise

"Let everything that has breath praise the Lord!"
Psalm 150:6

Several months ago, I began a project of assembling 365 reasons to praise God:  one for each day of the year.  (And then, I guess every four years, on Leap Day, I will just sit in astounded stupor at His awesomeness.  Or maybe I'll think of a 366th.  I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.)

At any rate, I'm not done with the collection of all of these attributes, but I'd like to share some of what I'm appreciating about Him lately.   I hope it blesses you, and maybe reminds you of something you'd forgotten.


He is Abba
~ "For you did not receive the spirit of bondage again to fear, 
but you received the Spirit of adoption by Whom we cry out, 'Abba, Father!'" ~
Romans 8:15

He fills Heaven and Earth
~ "The heavens, even the highest heaven, cannot contain You." ~
1 Kings 8:27

He is Quiet
~ "Then a great and powerful wind tore the mountains apart 
and shattered the rocks before the Lord,
but the Lord was not in the wind.
After the wind there was an earthquake, 
but the Lord was not in the earthquake.
After the earthquake came a fire, 
but the Lord was not in the fire.
And after the fire, came a gentle whisper." ~
1 Kings 9:11-12

He is Truth
~ "Jesus said, 'I am the Way, the Truth, and the Life.'" ~
John 14:6

He is Merciful
~"You, Lord, are good and ready to forgive,
and abundant in mercy to all those who call upon You." ~
Psalm 86:5

He is the Good Shepherd
~ "I am the Good Shepherd; I know My sheep and My sheep know Me."
John 10:14

He is my Desire
~ "O Lord, we have waited for You;
the desire of our soul is for Your name, and for the remembrance of You." ~
Isaiah 26:8


Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment