Sunday, May 19, 2013

A Prayer for the Sleeping

"she continued praying before the Lord"
1 Samuel 1:12

I'm going to bed early tonight, 
but I'm feeling very prayerful. 

I get that way when I have a headache.

So tonight I'll be praying for people with headaches.

But I'm also praying for people who have brain cancer,
and people who have esophageal cancer.

I'm praying for people who have been hurt by a friend,
and people who feel lost.  

I'm praying for people who try, 
when they think they have no strength left;
and people who wait with faith, 
instead of giving up.

I'm praying for people who remember,
and pray,
and listen,
and love. 

And I'm grateful to God for the privilege of praying myself to sleep.

~ "The Lord has heard my supplication;
the Lord will receive my prayer" ~
Psalm 6:9
~

No comments:

Post a Comment