Saturday, January 18, 2014

Eight Verses

I was robbed. 

Well, not really, but that's what it felt like.  You, see, there was a typo in my Bible study lesson book last week.  It told me to read through Job chapter 26, verse 6. 

It seemed like an odd place to divide the chapter, when it continues for another eight verses, but the writers of the lesson have studied and prayed over these lessons, so I figured they knew what they were doing.   Sometimes our lessons are divided in the middle of chapters, when the theme or setting happens to change there.

So I read and studied the first six verses of chapter 26, as instructed.  But when I opened my Bible and my lesson book to begin this week's lesson, I saw that we were told to read chapter 27.  There was no mention of the remainder of chapter 26. 

I realized that I was supposed to have read the whole of chapter 26 last week, even though we had no questions that pertained to the last eight verses.  It had simply been labeled wrong in the heading of last week's lesson.

And then I read the verses I had skipped.  And oh, what I had been missing...

"He stretches out the north over empty space;
He hangs the earth on nothing.
He binds up the water in His thick clouds,
Yet the clouds are not broken under it.
He covers the face of His throne,
And spreads His cloud over it.
He drew the circular horizon on the face of the waters,
At the boundary of light and darkness.
The pillars of heaven tremble,
And are astonished at His rebuke.
He stirs up the sea with His power,
And by His understanding
He breaks up the storm.
By His Spirit He adorned the heavens;
His hand pierced the fleeing serpent. 
Indeed these are the mere edges of His ways,
And how small a whisper we hear of Him!
But the thunder of His power who can understand?"
~

Magnificent. 

Don't miss whatever you're missing.   Treasure every word.

~

No comments:

Post a Comment