Monday, January 20, 2014

On wood floors, dead batteries, and broken sunglasses

"showers of blessing"
Ezekiel 34:26

So.... yesterday I went to a baby shower.  And while I was gone, my daughter got home from volleyball practice and, well, took a shower. 

Now cut to dinnertime.  We sit down, we hold hands, we close our eyes, and the Apple of my Eye says our prayer for us.  In that prayer, he thanks God that her practice went well, and that the shower went well.  Of course, he meant the baby shower, but after the "Amen," my daughter laughingly told us that for a minute, she had thought that he was thanking God that her shower went well. 

But as we all laughed a little at that, we also talked about how we should thank Him for our showers.  Hot water, the chance to be clean, plenty of towels, etc. 

Today my girl had a volleyball tournament, and all day, I was feeling thankful.  For big things and little things...

* I'm thankful that her coach noticed and pointed out that our team had been given too many points.  That's the kind of person I want leading my girl.

* I'm thankful that God is merciful.

* I'm thankful that for the wonderfully courteous and thoughtful AAA driver who charged our battery when it died.

* I'm thankful that God is forgiving.

* I'm thankful that my back didn't hurt, even though there were no seats at the arena, and our only choices were sitting on a wood floor (with nothing to lean against), or standing.

* I'm thankful for salvation.

* I'm thankful for the clouds that made it feel less like the 82 degrees it was.

* I'm thankful for the Bible.

* I'm thankful for my son, who is amazingly cooperative and cheerful in all circumstances, including getting up at 5 in the morning, and sitting on a wood floor all day.

* I'm thankful that God is love.

* I'm thankful that my sunglasses broke.  Well, I'm not glad they're broken, but I'm glad I had these for so long before breaking them.  I used to lose and break my sunglasses with shocking frequency.

* I'm thankful that God is wisdom.

* I'm thankful for coaches in general, devoting their time and effort to teaching and encouraging kids in sports, teamwork, and fair play.

* I'm thankful that I have so much to be thankful for.  

~ "giving thanks always for all things
to God the Father
in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ" ~
Ephesians 5:20
~

No comments:

Post a Comment