Sunday, January 26, 2014

The Gift of the Magi. Sort of...

"your love abounds toward each other"
2 Thessalonians 1:3

I've got a sweet little story for you today, that would make O. Henry smile.

The Apple of my Eye hung a retractable clothesline in the backyard for me today.  I asked for it for Christmas, and it was one of his gifts to me.

He attached it to the post of the patio cover, using the power screwdriver he got for Christmas.  It was one of my gifts to him.

I had a clothesline already, but this one will take better advantage of the afternoon sun, and enable me to hang more laundry.  My providing him with fresh-smelling clothes and towels, dried economically, is one of my gifts to him.

Et cetera, et cetera. 

We are using our gifts to bless each other.  Just as God intends.

                      ~ "Therefore comfort each other
and edify one another,
just as you also are doing." ~
1 Thessalonians 5:11
~

No comments:

Post a Comment