Friday, April 6, 2012

No script necessary

"not with excellence of speech"
1 Corinthians 2:1

I had an interesting conversation with God the other day.  A long one.

It was interesting because of the length of it, and the range of my emotions.  I was anxious and hoping; then relieved and thankful; then nervous and irritated; then apologetic and at peace.   Good and bad, up and down...  All of this went on over a period of several hours, during a couple of things going on in my life. 

Normally, when I talk to God, it's not a long conversation.  It's off-and-on over the course of the day (or night) as I'm going about the things I do.  This conversation was more constant ~ and I'll bet He just loved it.   It wasn't eloquent, thoughtful, complete sentences.  It was feelings and emotions and frustrations and joy.  It was asking fervently, and expressing my concern passionately, and then telling Him strongly what I thought.

It was clumsy, because I wasn't necessarily thinking before of my words before I prayed them, but it was sweet, because it was like He was right there with me.

Which He was.

~ "the effective, fervent prayer 
     of the righteous avails much" ~
James 5:16

No comments:

Post a Comment