Sunday, April 15, 2012

Resting, Resting

"I will give you rest"
Exodus 33:14

The past several days have been very busy ones.  Visiting with family, airplane travel, road trips, visits to historic places (and one amusement park) that call for a lot of walking. 

And today I am thinking about rest.  An old hymn came to mind today, called "Jesus, I am Resting, Resting".  {Words and music by Jean S. Pigott and James Mountain ~ 1876} The chorus goes like this:

Jesus, I am resting, resting,
In the joy of what Thou art; 
I am finding out the greatness
Of Thy loving heart.

I am reveling in the sense of rest that is available to me in Him.  I am quietly content for His many blessings ~ wonderful and far more plentiful than I deserve.  And just think, as the song says, even as I rest in the joy of what I know about who He is, I am only yet scratching the surface of the greatness of His loving heart. 

Rest.  And be joyful.  You're discovering the greatness of His heart! 

~ "And He said, 'My presence will go with you, 
 and I will give you rest' " ~
Exodus 33:14

No comments:

Post a Comment