Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Minestrone and cornbread

"casting all your care upon Him"
1 Peter 5:7

My Awesome Girl had a dilemma the other day.  And I couldn't help her.

I hate that...

So I made her favorite dinner instead.   Homemade minestrone, and my "famous" cornbread. 

It's a problem she's had before, and I've made a couple suggestions to help her fix it, but they haven't helped all that much.   I just don't have the solution.  And I think she knows that.  But she comes to me anyway.

I love that...

I wish I could solve her problem.  But even though I can't, I love that she still comes to me.  I can pray for her and encourage her.  And truthfully, it's my pleasure to come alongside her.  A friend of mine once said that a mother is only as happy as her saddest child, and I think that's true.  If my girl is unhappy, then I don't want to be happy, ya know? 

I love that in this way, I'm like God.  Paul said, "I know that in me, nothing good dwells" {Romans 7:18} which means that anything good in me is not me, it's God.  So this part of me that unselfishly wants to suffer along with her, is Him. 

He suffers with her, too.  And with me.  And with you.  It's the kind of God He is.  After all, compassion was His idea. 

And so was minestrone.

~ "Bear one another's burdens, 
and so fulfill the law of Christ" ~
Galatians 6:2

No comments:

Post a Comment