Thursday, April 12, 2012

I really don't know clouds, at all

"behold the clouds"
Job 35:5

Man, there were some beautiful clouds last week.  We were driving home from lunch with friends, and looking at the clouds, and comparing the images we saw in their shapes.

We a saw a rat, running very fast.  We also saw a mouse's head, and a shrimp, and a seahorse.   At least, that's what they looked like to us.  But it's a matter of opinion.

At first, they're just clouds.  You have to study them a little to notice the shape of something.  And maybe you'd see a shape that I didn't realize, or I'd see a shape and then you would say, "hey, look at that... I see it too!"

It takes a little bit of perspective and a little bit of imagination, and a willingness to change your mind about what you're seeing. 

So I think, in a way, the problems and situations in my life are clouds.  What each one looks like to me, and what they might look like to someone else, and what they actually are, are three different things.  Sometimes I might be right about the impact and purpose they have for my life.  Other times, someone else might be able to give me a better perspective on something I'm too close to.   Maybe what seems like a good thing is more difficult than I thought, or a problem turns out to be a blessing. 

The lesson?  Be open to other points of view... trust God in your life... and enjoy the view!

~ "Ascribe strength to God...
    His strength is in the clouds" ~
Psalm 68:34

No comments:

Post a Comment